Learn to Dive - Continuing Education Leadership Training 2012:
Open Water Diver... Instructor Training Course
Become a Scuba Instructor the "SSI Way."
Most instructor programs focus solely on teaching people how to dive, however, most dive businesses require much more from their instructors than merely the ability to teach!
The SSI Instructor Training Course (ITC) prepares you to become an active and versatile member of the scuba industry. Not only will you become a successful educator, you will be a valuable asset to any dive operation.
Your training will include:
- Techniques for recruiting, teaching and evaluating students
- The SSI Education System and Education Philosophy
- How the dive industry stakeholders interact (Manufacturers, Media, Agencies, Retail and Travel)
- How successful dive retailers and resorts operate
- Effective techniques for teaching pool and open water classes
- Legal aspects of teaching
- The basics of educational sales using SSI's Customer Loyalty Cycle
Why SSI Instructors are more marketable...
- SSI Instructors possess business knowledge that instructors from other agencies don't. The expanded course content of the SSI ITC gives you an edge over "teaching only" programs and makes you a much more valuable, well-rounded employee.
- SSI Instructors represent the best of both worlds. You are trained to use the award-winning SSI Teaching System and you are trained to be a skilled educator.
- SSI Instructors are able to conduct the Universal Referral Program. This program allows you to complete referral dives through six different agencies: IDEA, NASDS, NAUI, PDIC, SSI and the YMCA. This is particularly valuable to resorts that receive customers affiliated with various certification agencies.
What will you be able to teach?
- Open Water Diver
- Passport Diver Program
- Try Scuba
- Scuba Skills Update
- Scuba Rangers (after completing the Scuba Rangers Instructor training)
To discuss your Instructor Training in further detail, contact the Dive Centre on 9570 4222