NIGHT & LIMITED VISIBLITY DIVER CERTIFICATION
Continuing Education - Specialty Training 2012:
Colourful nocturnal creatures glowing under a dive light create a spectacular and surreal diving experience! Learn how to safely explore the adventure of night diving and acquire valuable skills for planning and conducting "low vis" dives by enrolling in the Night and Limited Visibility Specialty Course.
Learn special skills including:
- Locating the boat or shore in low visibility diving conditions
- Safety in turbid water and lost buddy procedures
- Torch techniques to maximize visibility
- Setting up shore lights at night
- What to do if your torch light fails
- Back up systems
Aquire vital information on the selection and use of specialised underwater equipment:
- Primary and Secondary Lights
- LED Light Systems
- Strobe and Surface Support Lights
- Guide Lines, Compasses and Computers
NIGHT & LIMITED VISIBILITY DIVER Course Information:
PRE-REQUISITES: Open Water Diver Certification
INCLUSIONS: SSI Course Manual & DVD, Theory Session, 2 Open Water Night Dives, SSI Specialty Diver Cert. Card
EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS: Scuba Equipment (available for hire), Primary Underwater Torch (available for hire), Back-up Underwater Torch, Underwater Light Stick, Safety Whistle
LOCATION: Sydney coastal waters
NEXT COURSE START DATE: Contact the Dive Centre on 9570 4222.
Complete this and three other Specialty Courses, plus log a total of 24 dives to earn your Advanced Diver Certification.
Complete your Advanced Diver and Stress & Rescue Certifications, plus log a total of 50 dives to earn your Master Diver Certification!